Yesterday while waiting for a green signal at traffic lights, I saw a man standing with a small board with a printed message in his hand”No job No money, Please Donate”. The man would be in his early 30s and look educated enough. I was really struck at that moment. Where is our nation progressing towards? If an educated man has to beg to sustain his livelihood then where will the uneducated go?
We have a large population of engineers scrolling endlessly to job portals who don’t have any job they really deserve. We have a large population of educated who are struggling to get decent jobs. Have they did some mistakes in choosing an engineering line at the first step? Or there is a huge supply of engineers as compared to demand in corporate sectors? For a single vacancy in IT companies, there are thousands of unemployed waiting for their interview turn. There are various angles to overcome this problem and to create a secure career and money. One such solution is to choose a career line whose demand will be continuously growing in the future. And that line is DIGITAL MARKETING.
Yes, the market is flooded with digital marketing jobs, and statistics prove it. With the advent of viruses in the current market and future job surveys, digital marketing is the booming sector. The foremost skill which can reap great profit and margins is the digital market as numerous businesses need skilled marketers to convert their offline business to online now.
We have some proven statistics which say that spending money on digital marketing learning cannot be futile in many more years to come.
Some trending facts about Digital marketing:
- According to Shopify Plus results, Global B2C e-commerce sales are expected to reach $4.5 trillion by 2021.
- Over a two-year period, there was a 250%+ growth in mobile searches for “store open near me”
- As of Q1 2020, there are 2.6 billion monthly active Facebook users.
- There are over 280 million Facebook users in India making it the top country in terms of Facebook audience size.
- As of April 2020, LinkedIn’s number of users in the U.S. reached 160 million, making it the country with the most users in the world.
- Demand for Digital Marketing Talent sits at 59%, with active supply at 19%. Source: The Left Bank
- By 2021, the number of internet users in India is estimated to reach 601 million.
- As per the stats, India’s digital industry will produce more than 20 lakhs of jobs and is likely to grow at an average of 14% annually.
Advice for people who want to make a career in Digital Marketing:
If you already know the basics of digital marketing, start getting digital marketing work through various freelancing sites like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer. Initially put the bids at the lowest costs so that you gain some great experience and also build employer trust and request valuable testimonials. Nothing works more than a word of mouth.
If you are totally new to digital marketing then, learning digital marketing from some reputable place is a profitable option in the long run. But there are no job guarantees once you finished your course. Efforts and consistent dedication are definitely required to gain great success in this emerging field.
If you want to join a mastermind group in digital marketing, click here to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/772715663614508/?ref=share